Last weekend we made a quick two day cabin run. We spent Saturday at "Emily Day" in the neighboring town of Emily directly to our south. Sunday I finished up the shower and we took our first showers at the cabin. Cheryl worked all day and got nearly all the exterior walls insulated. We now have only to complete the ceiling insulation and the place will be fully insulated. Our next step is the kitchen. I've been looking into alternatives to dry wall for the ceiling. I'm thinking maybe a ceiling tile will work. Hopefully I will figure that out soon. That's all for now.
We had a beautiful week up north over the forth. The weather was perfect. High's around 80 and low humidity. Not a drop of rain. Loons swimming down the lake each evening. The thing that topped it off is that we now have a working sink and toilet. The shower was also hooked up, but I have a couple of leaks to fix.
It took a few days to finish the taping and mudding process on the sheet rock.
Then it came time to connect up the drains for everything. This turned out the be much more difficult then I had planned. It was the one thing I thought would be very easy. I guess that's why it slowed me down. I did not plan too well for it, not to mention that it's kind of difficult working in the crawlspace under the cabin.
After a couple of trips to the local hardware store, I managed to get the leaks fixed and we now have a toilet and sink (with hot water!). The shower had a couple of leaks in the supply lines so I still have to fix that before taking a shower. That will be the first thing we do on our next trip up. We still had time for boat rides, swimming, tubing, campfires, and all that good stuff. It was a really good trip. Luke got into a little trouble when he found a Porcupine.