Friday, August 28, 2009

Drywall in the kitchen

Sorry it took me so long to get this update posted. It's been a busy week. Anyway, we returned home from a long weekend last Tuesday. Our time was spent finishing the insulation, putting up the vapor barrier, and hanging sheet rock in the kitchen area. We got to try out our new sheet rock lift. Let me tell you, it was a lifesaver. Without that, I have no idea how we would have put up the 70 pound, 4' by 8' sheets of drywall on the ceiling. Hanging the sheet rock went slower then I hoped for. Considering the spacing of the roof trusses is not exactly 24" on center, I guess I can't complain. It could have been worse. Using the lift definitely takes more time, but in our case it's our only option.

That's all for now. Enjoy the pics.

Vapor barrier on the kitchen wall
From 2009 cabin

The first sheet is up!
From 2009 cabin

From 2009 cabin

The "L" of the kitchen
From 2009 cabin


From 2009 cabin

No comments: