Thursday, September 9, 2010

Starting to look like a kitchen

Once again, it's taken me way to long to get this post out. It seems like every night has been full lately. I finally found a little time during this Vikings/Saints game.

It's been about a week and a half since we got back from our last big family trip up for the year. We were up for a long weekend from Aug 27-30. Of course, this week school started, so time up from here on out will be very limited. I still have several things I would like to finish up this year, but only time will tell.

We hauled up all the kitchen cabinets we had been storing in our garage for the last two years. It's very nice to get those out of there. Of course, I just bought a stove and microwave off of craig's list so now those are sitting in our garage. Maybe I can still get those taken up there yet this year.

During our time up, we managed to get 2 coats of primer on the walls and ceiling in the "great room".

After painting it looked like this:
From 2010 Work


From 2010 Work


We also started hanging the wall cabinets and placing the base cabinets. I also got all the outlets, switches, and lights hooked up.

From 2010 Work


From 2010 Work


From 2010 Work


Like I said earlier, I have several more things I would like to complete yet this year. We are really hoping to have a fully functioning kitchen before next summer. If we can make a few more weekend trips up this year and then hit it hard next spring, I think our goal will be met.

No comments: