I'm back from a quick weekend run up to the lake. We ran up Friday (7/25) afternoon and returned home around 9pm on Sunday night. We managed to make substantial progress on the electrical work. I would have never dreamed the wiring would take so much time. At the beginning of this year I estimated it would take 3 days to complete the wiring (for the rough-in inspection). Wow was I wrong. I figure we have one more long weekend and then we should be able to get the inspector out. We now have all the wiring for all the circuits in place. All of the interior outlets are "pigtailed" together like this:
I also managed to re-hookup the outside faucet from the well tank so that there are no leaks in the line.
I never realized how much wiring a typical home must have. My cabin is only a little over 1000 sq. feet and I've installed over 800 ft of various electrical cables. I also never new how expensive the wiring is. I had to run 6/3 (a big black wire) cable for the electric stove. That one 50ft cable cost $114 alone.
The one last thing we did was to take down a tree that was growing right outside where our patio door is. The boys did an excellent job of chopping off all the branches and moving them (small price to pay for two days of Nintendo).
We are hoping to return next weekend and finish all the work so we can have the rough-in inspection soon. We've asked Grandma an Grandpa to watch the kids for the weekend so that Mom and Dad can really focus on the work. No answer yet from the Grandparents on if they will or not. I guess we will soon find out.
I've also updated the 2008 photos in the slideshow on the right, so take a look.